The primary purpose of this position is to handle all Human Resources-related issues within the distribution center. Frequent independent judgments are essential. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
• Interact with management associates to identify and resolve employee relations’ issues, training and recruitment needs, wage and compensation issues, and benefit administration issues.
• Design and train employee relations’ programs, including the utilization of team building, dispute resolution, and employee participation programs.
• Facilitate associate teams, such as safety committees and/or focus groups, to provide a safe working environment and to boost morale for associates in the distribution center.
• Participate in contract negotiations, administer union contracts, train associates on the contents of contracts, attend grievance meetings, and assist with preparing arbitration cases.
• Assist legal counsel with preparing the corporation’s position in litigation cases.
• Conduct investigations to resolve associate complaints and inquiries, workers compensation claims, and to ensure Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) compliance.
• Create and administer recruitment plans that utilize available resources, including government employment programs, for candidates to meet the daily and expansion needs of the distribution center; interview candidates administer pre-employment tests; ensure that a diverse work force is maintained within the distribution center.
• Ensure Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) training is conducted and that the proper safety policies and procedures are in place and are followed by associates.
• Interact with the Industrial Engineer to examine and improve job descriptions and work methods; monitor the performance appraisal process to ensure that all associates participate in scheduled appraisals.
• Manage the disciplinary process within the distribution center, including associate discharge.
• Coordinate Management Development Program activities for program participants.
• Maintain and implement productivity/accuracy guidelines for all departments within the distribution center.
• Ensure that all weekly and biweekly payroll cycles are completed timely and accurately.
• Maintain records to track associate attendance.
• Monitor associate compliance to Rite Aid policies and procedures communicated by the corporate office.
• Facilitate community involvement activities such as United Way campaigns, Red Cross blood drives, Adopt-A-School Partnerships, and Safety Towns.
• Collect and report information to the corporate office as required by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
This position directly supervises the Training Manager, Safety Administrator, Security department associates, and Human Resources support staff and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Rite Aid policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, directing, rewarding, and disciplining associates; appraising associate performance; and resolving complaints.
*All duties described in this document are to be performed in keeping with the core values and service attributes consistent with the Rite Aid brand and strategy.
• Minimum age of 21 years old due to the education and experience required.
• Ability to pass drug and alcohol tests.
• Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
• Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
• Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
• Ability to work weekends as necessary.
• Ability to work extended days on a frequent basis.
• Ability to work day or evening hours.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
• Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
• Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft® Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
• Working knowledge of all local, state, and federal employment laws.
• Ability to effectively explain information to others.
• Ability to travel for business purposes.
• Valid driver's license for business travel.
• CPR/first aid certification.
• OSHA training.
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Business, plus five (5) years' experience in Human Resources; or equivalent combination of education and experience. In addition, previous experience within a distribution center is helpful.