Primary function of this position is ensure continued flow of product through the conveying system of the DC. This would include assisting programing sorter system, wave control, system trouble shooting and clear, precise/understandable communication with departments, including 3rd parties/central product. The associate may also be required to perform other Outbound functions within the department, processing paperwork, and provide clerical support to the Outbound team. Must be knowledgeable of computers, word processing and spreadsheets, data entry, and other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform Daily routing and scheduling of trucks for store delivery.
- Create and/or assist with the holiday schedules for the distribution center.
- Update and maintain routing and scheduling tool data elements for accuracy.
- Accommodate special requests such as special orders, tote pickups, delivery day or time changes by organizing most efficient truck routes.
- Coordinate special merchandise distributions, cross-docking, and backhauls
- Assist in short-term and long-term planning and forecasting of routing and scheduling
- Ensure route compliance with all applicable D.O.T., Federal, State, and Local regulations.
- Collaborate with 3rd party entities to ensure proper delivery of store orders.
- Contact stores regarding order deliveries, delays or other aspects effecting store operations or deliveries
- Assist with shuttle attendant duties including cross dock and outside vendor product.
- Driving equipment in the Outbound Department to include Fork Truck, Bagnal, and Electric Pallet Jack.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed accurately and legibly
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ensure work area is clean and free of debris.
- Other duties required/Overtime Required.