Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
The primary purpose of this position is to increase sales and improve EBITDA by identifying and investigating all types of internal theft, fraud and organized retail crime. Frequent independent judgments are essential. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Regularly conduct interviews to detect internal theft and fraud and train APDM’s on proper skills for division.
- Identify potential internal theft using and analyzing various reporting and information from reported incidents, theft trends and shrink results.
- Provide feedback to field leaders to improve results and foster teamwork.
- Ensure all investigations are conducted with integrity and protect Rite Aid’s core values.
- Educate all business partners improving awareness around internal theft.
- Recommend and participate in development of investigative tools and reports to enhance productivity.
- Develop best practices for publishing and evaluating business and exception reports.
- Constantly evaluate detection tools/reports and provide feedback for improvement so exception reports can be better utilized at the district level.
- Identify and attend appropriate education seminars and training classes.
- Partner with outside agencies to identify, arrest, and prosecute Organized Retail Crime to drive down shrink from external theft.
Experience / Requirements:
Other Skills, Abilities, and/or Training
The following qualities are required:
- Minimum age of 18 years old to travel for business.
- Ability to pass drug test.
- Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work weekends on a frequent basis.
- Ability to work extended days on a frequent basis.
- Ability to work day or evening hours.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
- Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
- Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft® Office Suite (Word and Excel).
The following qualities are helpful:
- Ten-key punch speed of 4,000 SPH.
- Typing speed of 40 WPM.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft® Office Suite (PowerPoint, and Access).
Note: Products, software, and systems listed above are registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Certificates, Licenses, and/or Registrations
This position requires the following:
- Valid driver's license when applicable.
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Criminal Justice or Business, Five (5) years' experience in Loss Prevention, Criminal Justice, law enforcement retail/military or Loss Prevention Certified Professional (LPC); or equivalent combination of education and experience.