The primary purpose of this position is to provide excellent customer service to people shopping in Rite Aid stores. The incumbent is required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
• Provide excellent customer service by assisting customers with their shopping needs, answering customer inquiries, and resolving customer complaints.
• Complete customer transactions on the cash register.
• Reconcile cash register drawers at the end of the shift.
• Ensure the appearance of the store is pleasing to the customer and meets the requirements of the corporate office, including all housekeeping tasks.
• Stock store shelves and end-caps with merchandise when it is delivered to the store.
• Ensure the proper identification is produced when selling alcohol, tobacco, and lottery tickets, if applicable.
• Assist with the operation of the One-hour Photo department, if applicable.
• Build displays of merchandise and complete new plan-o-grams sent from the corporate offices.
• Complete inventory counts and order merchandise based on the results.
• Put up signs that identify items on sale in weekly advertisements and take down this signage when the sale is over.
• Assist with price markdowns and changes for merchandise on the shelves.
*All duties described in this document are to be performed in keeping with the core values and service attributes consistent with the Rite Aid brand and strategy.
• Ability to pass drug test.
• Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
• Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
• Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
• Ability to work weekends on a regular basis.
• Ability to work day, evening, or night shift(s).
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
No prior experience or training is required.