The primary purpose of this position is to manage daily production, receiving, and shipping activities to ensure all standards of quality, safety, and productivity are achieved. Frequent independent judgments are essential. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
1. Manage the daily achievement of the distribution center’s expense, safety, quality, and production goals.
2. Complete the responsibilities of the General Manager in his/her absence.
3. Monitor staffing and equipment levels to ensure adequate utilization of resources and production line balancing.
4. Enforce all work regulations and union contracts.
5. Monitor maintenance functions to ensure adequate material handling systems are utilized.
6. Anticipate the distribution center’s operational needs and act accordingly to ensure all objectives are met.
7. Establish performance objectives for associates in the distribution center; analyze performance reports to find ways to improve operation.
This position directly supervises Department Managers in the Replenishment, Stocking, and Production departments and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Rite Aid policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, directing,
rewarding, and disciplining associates; appraising associate performance; and resolving complaints.
The following qualities are required:
-Minimum age of 21 years old due to the education and experience required.
-Ability to pass drug test.
-Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
-Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
-Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
-Ability to work weekends on an occasional basis.
-Ability to work extended days on a frequent basis.
-Ability to work day or evening hours.
-Accuracy and attention to detail.
-Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
-Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
-Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Business or Logistics, plus ten (10) years' experience in warehouse management systems and material handling equipment techniques; or equivalent combination of education and experience.