Leverage Your NJ Pharmacy Technician Certification in a Unique, Behind the Scenes Role with a Friendly, Team Oriented Atmosphere.
Our workplace culture is energetic, efficient, friendly, and team oriented. Every associate is a valued part of the business and contributes to our objective of demonstrating service and care to our customers and patients.
** This position requires to work evening shifts
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
1. Ensure prompt service in the Pharmacy department by assisting customers and operating the cash register.
2. Accept customer and prescription information, including refill authorization, from doctor’s offices where permitted by state law.
3. Retrieve the appropriate medication from inventory where permitted by state law.
4. Create prescription labels and put them on prescription containers where permitted by state law.
5. Place medication into prescription containers where permitted by state law.
6. Reconstitute oral liquids where permitted by state law.
7. Combine medication for dispensing to customers where permitted by state law.
8. Input customer and prescription data into the computer system where permitted by law.
9. Complete paperwork related to filling prescriptions.
10. Assist with maintaining the Pharmacy department by keeping it clean and in order.
*All duties described in this document are to be performed in keeping with the core values and service attributes consistent with the Rite Aid brand and strategy.
The following qualities are required:
-Minimum age of 18 years old as required by state law.
-Ability to pass drug test.
-Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel
welcome, important, and appreciated.
-Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
-Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
-Ability to work weekends on a frequent basis.
-Ability to work extended days on a rare basis.
-Ability to work day or evening hours.
-Accuracy and attention to detail.
-Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
-Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
-Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
-Excellent customer service skills.
The following qualities are helpful:
-Ten-key punch speed of four thousand (4,000) SPH.
-Typing speed of forty (40) WPM.
-Knowledge of brand and generic drugs by name.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), plus 1 year experience in retail and/or pharmacy operations; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND/OR REGISTRATIONS
This position requires the following licenses and/or certifications:
-Pharmacy Technician certification where required by state law.
-Rite Aid Technician certification.
-Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) certification.