The primary purpose of this position is to manage the operation of an individual store in particular markets in an efficient manner while maximizing sales, margin and profitability. Enforce company policies and procedures while ensuring directives and all daily activities deliver against the expected operating standards, merchandising programming and budgeted financial targets. This position promotes and drives customer service. Successful performance of this position requires the performance of managerial tasks with independent judgment and discretion. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and applicable laws.
In exercising his or her independent judgment and discretion, the associate is responsible for performing the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
This position directly supervises store associates and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Rite Aid policies and applicable laws.
*All duties described in this document are to be performed in keeping with the core values and service attributes consistent with the Rite Aid brand and strategy.
• In accordance with state law, candidates must satisfy minimum age requirements to sell and/or supervise the sale of alcohol and/or tobacco products.
• Ability to pass drug test.
• Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
• Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
• Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
• Ability to work weekends and extended days on a frequent basis.
• Ability to work day or evening hours.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
• Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
• Ability to work within strict time frames and deadlines.
• Completion of Store Management training programs.
• Completion of required HIPAA training and all other required regulatory compliance training.
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Business, or a minimum of four (4) years experience in retail, or one year management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience