The primary purpose of the position is to support Rite Aid's Corporate Front End Strategy through the development of category specific business plans supported by managing assortments, pricing, promotions, and markdowns for a portfolio of specific products that achieve profit and loss objectives and adhere to P&L strategies and goals. This position is responsible for the following categories: Greeting Cards, Gift Cards, Electronics, Home Goods & Photo. Frequent independent judgments are essential. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in observance of Rite Aid’s brand and strategy and adhere to our core values and service attributes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
• Develop, execute, and evaluate category specific strategies and business plans to deliver mutually agreed upon results including Rite Aid brand strategies. Effectively communicate strategies and initiatives to senior leadership.
• Interact collaboratively with supplier partners through the Joint Business Planning process and develop mutually agreed upon business plans to achieve the financial strategic and business objectives. 20%
• Develop innovative consumer centric on-shelf merchandising solutions along with creative off-shelf programs and promotions grounded in consumer data. Oversee the inventory management of product life cycles, including promotion purchases and end of life transitions.
• Manage a multimillion dollar income budget supporting programs to include advertising, coop, Plenti/loyalty markdown monies, funding, scan funding and temporary price reductions.
• Effectively leverage data warehouse to analyze daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales results to help understand if specific strategies and tactics are delivering the intended results.
• Assume leadership role in developing and communicating category business plans and tactics to all functional areas. Develop assortment plans to support the category strategy and objectives and drive store execution.
• Lead category advertising efforts including assortment, product mix, and promotional vehicles to deliver sales and profit objectives.
• Support internal customers by proactively responding to store inquiries/needs.
This position directly supervises Associate Category Manager, Administrative Assistant, and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Rite Aid policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, directing, rewarding, and disciplining associates; appraising associate performance; and resolving complaints.